At A Glance
- Complete a “workout a day!”
- Win the $1000 video contest with the best FitXR workout video! Outfit, style, video production will all be key!
- Best Creed players get a bonus for entering into the FitXR contest!
- Share your FitXR and fitness journey on social media for the prize pool giveaways.
- Follow FitXR and the Survios teams on social media for other giveaways.
- Winner of the $1000 video contest will be announced at the VR Fitness Summit afterparty!
- Before participating in the event, players must provide their in-game name (IGN), and the platform they will be competing from (Oculus, Steam, etc.)
- VAL may determine extra rules for software problems, etc during PvP matches.
- Mini-game submissions tries are unlimited during the time period. All submission times end at midnight PST on the final day of submissions.
- Simple leaderboard verification through in game leaderboards.
- Players may compete with ANY Steam or Oculus supported headset.
- Please see your relevant storefront to ensure your machine meets the minimum hardware requirements for FitXR
- Using glitches, exploits, and other methods such as pause abusing, may result in disqualification.
- VAL reserves all right to ask for photo, video, screenshot or other proof of scores before winners are determined at home as well as implement any other anti-cheat methods. Recording your mini game results via video and/or screenshots is thus highly recommended, however not mandatory (except in the brackets which will be mandatory)
- No game modifiers.
- As a potential requirement noticed to both players and if VAL issues video recording rules, or requires it of competitors who place, then all videos must display both the player as well as the screen showing the FPV of the game FitXR
- Players must be at least 13 years of age, or older, to participate. If they are under 18, but over 13, they must have permission from a parent or legal guardian in order to participate.
- Before signing up for the tournament, every participant and owner/host will need a VAL account, which can be made here:
https://www.valvr.com . Registration means you also agree to these rules and the terms of service.
- For home players, ensure you have the latest version of FitXR on your platform.
- As Windows updates have created VR issues in the past, we HIGHLY recommend you halt automatic Windows/driver updates during the competition period to avoid this inconvenience. (optional)
- Players are required to keep all In-Game Names or aliases appropriate. (ie. ABSOLUTELY NO racist, sexist, homophobic, transphobic, political, offensive naming, etc.) This will be a ‘Zero Tolerance’ policy and is at the sole discretion of VAL.
- All score submissions, screenshots, player submitted photos, related to the 2020 Synth Riders tournament become the property of VAL and may be used for marketing and other purposes. If players share broadcast material such as twitch streams, tournament photos, tournament videos, etc with VAL, VAL reserves the right to use these in a marketing context.
- VAL reserves the right to change, alter, replace, or modify this rule set at any time, and without prior notification.
- Virtual Reality esports can be an intense physical experience. Do not enter the competition without following all terms of service, guardian warnings, and other safety measures as outlined in the individual device warnings and manufacturers. Competitors who are not able to participate in robust physical exercise should not enter the competition. VR esports is a fun activity, exercise the same caution as regular sports.
- VAL is not responsible for any injury incurred while participating in the FitXR tournament
Home Event Portion
- VAL will be responsible for the notification and payment of prizing unless otherwise stated specifically.
- Prizes will be paid out via PayPal, and all winners will be issued a 1099 and additional paperwork, as required by applicable law. Alternatively, players may request a check sent via mail. No other payment methods will be used by VAL.
- VAL may request additional score verification if an outcome is in doubt, and will be the sole judge of the final placement of prizes.
- VAL may require additional identity verification - basic photo ID will be required of all winners before any prize money is disbursed.
- VAL reserves at its right to deny, ask for prize money to be paid back, or otherwise pursue disciplinary action against players who violate (but not limited to) such things as player safety, discrimination, cheating, etc.
VAL is responsible for ensuring that the Tournament, and all advertising for the Tournament, comply with all international, federal, state, and local laws, rules, orders and regulations, players must also respect any applicable laws and tax regulations related to prize money and entering into the contest
- Once scores and information have been reviewed and verified, VAL will have 30 days to notify and deliver prize money payout to contestants.
- All scores will be verified using public leaderboards. Screenshots may be required.
Tie Breaker Rules
- No tiebreakers rules for PvP. In the event of a tie for mini games, VAL may ask for extra submissions.
Code of Conduct
VAL reserves the right to disciplinary action for special cases that fall outside the competitive rules and code of conduct. Should circumstances call for it, VAL can circumvent the rules if it is to ensure a fair and safe play environment.
VAL reserves the right to revoke past records, strip previous achievements, bar future participation, forfeit prizes and other measures should an offense, or a pattern of offense, warrant it. Although VAL will create a redemption guideline for offenders to redeem themselves if they can verify they’ve fulfilled said guidelines for the specified length of time.
Any participant displaying any type of cyber, verbal, sexual, gender, racial, disability, physical, religious, age, appearance, or emotional abuse will be disqualified. This especially includes abuse directed at Esports competitors, VAL staff, viewers, press, sponsors and other participants.
Any participant acting maliciously, inappropriate, or otherwise unsportsmanlike behavior will be reprimanded and possibly disqualified. This includes extreme statements, violent threats, sexual harassment, extreme insults, and inappropriate references.
Abuse and unsportsmanlike behavior entails in-game and out of game actions, as well as occurrences outside and related to the competition. This includes in-game chat, social media, comments, gestures, emotes, and other communication mediums. Any encouragement or endorsement of this behavior will also invoke disciplinary action.
Out of competitive wrongful behavior includes stalking, intimidation, spamming, doxxing, provoking and inciting disruption both online and in real life.
Unsolicited sexual action, including sexual comments, uncalled for flirting and other sexual or romantic advances, jokes and taunting will also not be tolerated.
Cheating, Bug, and Exploit Policy
If a participant feels like another participant is cheating, exploiting, or manipulating the rules, this infringement must be brought to the attention of the Virtual Athletics League Admins immediately. All forms of cheating may result in revoked prizes and a future ban from VAL events.
- The accusation is then put into a review process, where league officials will determine a cause of action.
- VAL will work with developers on special cases.
Cheating and other exploits including but not limited to: deception, bug exploitation, banned game mechanics, match-fixing, betting fraud, doping and other forms of competition manipulation are strictly prohibited.
- Deceptive behavior towards admins, players and other relevant parties will not be tolerated. Deception includes inaccurate, falsified, or omitted data statements or other forms of misinformation.
- Cheating and the distribution of cheats are also banned in VAL Tournaments. This includes programs, hacks, or other methods to tamper with, circumvent or modify the game or competition. Referencing cheats may also result in penalties.
- Match-fixing, betting fraud and any other attempts to improperly influence the outcome of a game, or match result will be met with a reprimand.
- Doping in any form is forbidden. Any participants with prescribed medication that may be considered “performance-enhancing” must send proof of prescription.
- Competition manipulation and bribery, either through a referee, organizer, host, VAL admin or any other person of influence will also be subject to a reprimand.
For game bugs that affect game play or the competition, players can re-play and re-submit scores as long as it’s within the original deadline.